A month ago, The Housewives threw an intimate gender-reveal celebration honoring the much anticipated arrival of our family’s latest blessing. There was much speculation about “Kushie” being a boy (because of the belly shape and the darkened folds – and because there has not been a male apo) but much to our delight, our family is blessed with yet another princess. Three weeks later, on April 27, our 8-pounder Alexandra Melinna Helena was born.
Our humble sunset picnic featured a Sub and Pasta station – two options for each; and everyone got to bring home a mock-lactation cake jar – the real lacta-cakejars were only for Asia.
Decided to serve our pasta in cups for better and controlled portioning, less mess and easier serving and “cooler” presentation.
Everyone screamed when pink balloons flew from the box! 80% guessed Kush was a boy!!! SORRY!
We praise you and thank you, Jesus for our family’s new blessing. May we take care of her, love her and raise her the way You want us to.
Below are the recipes for the pasta and sub toppings:
SEAFOOD ROLL (serves 50++)
1kilo prawns – peeled, deveined, blanched
1/2 kilo crabmeat
1pc chopped onions
1cup chopped celery stalk
1/2 cup butter
1cup evaporated milk
1cup shrimp broth (from blanching)
1cup all purpose cream
1cup parmesan cheese
1/2tsp cayenne pepper
juice of 1/2 lemon
- Saute onions and garlic in butter. Add in celery.
- Add in minced shrimps or prawns (blanched already) and crab meat. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour in milk, shrimp broth, cream and bring to simmer.
- Add parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper. Mix until slightly thickened and reduced.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice last minute. Stir to combine.
- Serve on bread and bed of lettuce.
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK (serves 50)
1. Marinate 1 kilo of sirloin beef in salt, pepper and a dash of soy sauce (or liquid aminos) for 1 hour.
2. Pan grill and slice into strips.
3. Pour used oil on sliced beef strips for more flavor.
1. Warm 2 cups of heavy cream.
2. Add grated 1 bar of cheddar cheese and 1cup of quezo de bola.
3. Whisk until cheese fully melts.
4. Add 1/8 tsp of turmeric powder to achieve desired yellow cheese color.
SAUTÉED MUSHROOMS & BELL PEPPERS
1. Saute sliced or cubed red and green bell pepper in oil and butter until wilt.
2. Add in sliced shiitake mushrooms and cook covered until soft around 15-20 minutes.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Slice 10pcs. of yellow onions into rings.
2. Warm pan with 1/4 cup of oil and 1/2 cup of butter.
3. Pour sliced onion rings, toss to coat with butter and oil and cover. Leave at low heat for
30 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft, sweet and yellowish-pale brown in color.
KALE PESTO LASAGNA ROLL UPS
1 head garlic
1 1/3cups cashew nuts
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
500g basil leaves
5 cups olive oil
1 tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Place everything in a blender and pulse until desired consistency is achieved.
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsps. flour
2 cans evaporated milk
4 packs of all purpose cream
2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1. Make a roux – melt butter and add in flour until golden paste is formed.
2. Pour milk and cream and bring to boil. Stir and watch sauce thicken.
3. Add grated cheese until melted.
4. Add seasonings and simmer for 10 minutes.
Cook as per package instructions. Do not forget to add salt and olive oil in boiling water to prevent pasta from sticking.
1. Lay cooked lasagna sheet on a plate.
2. Spread pesto and white sauce then top with chicken breast (seasoned with salt and
pepper, pan grilled and sliced into strips)
3. Roll and place in a cup. Drizzle with more pesto sauce.
SAUSAGE POMODORO PENNE
2 cups olive oil
6 heads minced garlic
6 cups chopped onion
1 cup grated carrots
5 kilos tomatoes – blanched and peeled
2/3 cup tomato paste
1L chicken stock
1 tbsp. cinnamon powder
3 tbsp. dried basil
3 tbsp dried rosemary
3 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1.2kg Italian sausages
2kg penne pasta – cooked according to package instructions
1. Saute garlic and onions.
2. Add in grated carrots and tomato paste and cook.
3. Pour in blanched tomatoes and chicken stock.
4. Add cinnamon powder and dried herbs
5. Simmer for 2-3 hours
6. Pan fry Italian sausages and slice into 1/4” thick pieces.
1. Portion cooked penne pasta in cups.
2. Pour Pomodoro sauce.
3. Top with sliced Italian sausages and drizzle with olive oil.
SERVE EVERYTHING WITH LOVE!
The Housewives 😉